Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I Mourn For The Child That Was Me

I wrote this today, after trying to find some photos... I was saddened a bit by what I saw before me, in the form of photographs. I actually have had the title run through my brain for years now, it's as though I was finally able to get past that line. I hope you see that despite the beginning, I worked through it. I hope that you too will hope, and that you feel inspired.

I Mourn For The Child That Was Me

I mourn for the child that was me.
Photographs of forced smiles,
They are time stamps of lies
And memories of hidden pain.

I mourn for pictures that should be,
Of happy days gone by.
Instead there are sad eyes,
And memories of scorn and disdain.

I mourn for the child that was me,
For what should have been
And what could have been,
(A mother’s love and devotion).

I mourn for not feeling more free,
And for the loss of whole days.
I am angry and amazed
At these feelings and vile emotions.

I mourn for the child that was me.
I often ask myself why,
And my mind falls just shy
Of making sense of her choice.

I rejoice for the woman that is me.
I am breaking the chain
And the cycle of pain.
For once I will hear my own voice.

I rejoice for the woman that is me.
I looked for my mother,
In her place I found another,
My search has led me to me.

No comments: