Friday, May 19, 2006

Politeness kicks asserooni!

Anna graduated from preschool last night. My baby is all growned up! Ack, I know. It's only preschool, but let me just say that out of all four adults that came to her graduation (Me, John, her Nana, and her great-aunt Sue), not one of us escaped tearfulness at one point or another.

Her class was adorable, and one little guy in particular had the whole audience in stitches. He just want to get off the stage to see his grandpa. They sang 12 Days of School (sung to the tune of 12 days of Christmas), Itsy bitsy Spider, Love Grows, and Good-Bye. The Good-Bye song got us all. Even Anna's teacher teared up. Later I found out from one of the assistant teachers that Sharon, Anna's teacher did a lot better than she usually does. She usually is one big, tear streaked mess. I only hope that Anna and Emma are lucky enough to have other teachers who love kids as much.

Emma really liked seeing her sister perform on stage, she was so excited that she waved to Anna and squealed when Anna waved back. It was loud enough for the gentleman in front of us to jump out of his seat. She is used to seeing her sister singing and dancing, but seeing her up on stage was pretty exciting. Em kept pointing and laughing, and when Anna sang she clapped and swayed to the music. She even sang along a little bit.

They did a slide show of baby pictures and graduation pictures, it was really sweet. The teachers also gave out special awards for each child, and each child won a unique award. Anna won most polite! I couldn't have been prouder. You should have seen me all puffed up with joy and pride. I whispered to John after the program was over that politeness rocks, all the rest was crap. *laugh* I am thinking that this is somewhat of an oxymoron.

Afterwards we went out for Chinese and had a really nice time. We gave Anna some lipgloss, body spray and a CD of her favorite music (at this time), High School Musical. Besides really liking it, she has said that she plans on playing it everyday just to torment me. The force is strong with this one. All I can say is that the Disney Channel's brainwashing tactics are superior, and that what Anna doesn't really know is after hours and hours of High School Musical commercials every day, it's beginning to wear on me. We'll just keep that little tidbit to ourselves, OK? Thank goodness we found a clock radio/CD player on clearance at Target, so she can listen to her music in the privacy of her own room, or else I would probably end up hating it.

I am proud to say that my child is the most polite out of her whole class. I know that I have at least done one thing right as a mom. The first for sure, and hopefully not the last.

No comments: