Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My babies! *sniff* *haha* *sniff*

We interrupt this show to bring you this announcement: I'm drowning in laundry!

Though I am ashamed to admit this... I recently found that my oldest had critters. I can't even bring myself to say the name of said critter. *shiver*

I have admitted many things on this here blog, horrible and hilarious... but this is just EWWWWWW. We found them in her hair on Sunday, and of course I FREAKED. I have a touch of the OCD, don't know if I ever mentioned that.

ANYWHO, picture me washing dishes blindly... trying to control myself after finding the Wild Kingdom in my baby's hair.

John went right out and got the shampoo, and while he was gone Anna started to freak as well. She started to cry and asked for a hug. This is where it gets good friends... Fighting the urge to vomit, I hugged that kid with very fiber of my being and rubbed her back until she stopped crying.

This is huge... under normal circumstances... say an ant infestation? I spray those creepy crawlies while doing the heebie jeebie dance, then alternating with the occasional "Thats what you get for coming into MY house, b*tches!!!!". Yup, I'm a wiener. Sue me.

Later, after shampooing my daughter I noticed how much she has grown in a few weeks... I wont go into specifics but my baby is growing to fast *sniff*. And after she was dressed I told her as much.

She grinned at me and said this, in a sweet sing song voice, "What? *shrug*, I'm not even 8 yet! You've got plenty of time! *big grin*"

It was just the way she said it, she's so smart and mature for her age. I'm gonna have to keep this little girl as safe as possible... I can only hope I can do it. :)

Today, Emma asked me if daddy gave me my wedding ring "because he luffs me so much" and I said yes.

"Mommy? I have anudder qwest-chun... in your wedding pict-chewer, why is your hair so puffy?"

I laughed, "Well, because that was how ladies wore their hair back then."

She looked up at me with those big browns, paused for a second, then rolled her eyes. *SNORT*

It precious moments like this that make you appreciate all that you have, and thankful for what is to come.

Love truly is a wonderful thing, no matter what form it comes in. ;)

OK< now back to the Laundry channel... all laundry, all the time, baby.

2 comments:

Not So Anonymous Michelle said...

EWWW! I can relate because there was a critter scare at Em's school last semester, luckily she was spared but boy was I anal about checking her head several times a day much to her annoyance! I too felt creepy crawly for weeks! I would have felt the same way you do if we had found anything in Em's hair.

As for the rest of this post, those girls are so hilarious and so totally your daughters!!

Pamela said...

I feel so sorry for you. I understand that everything and the kitchen sink has to be washed and washed etc.

what a chore.