Thirteen Famous Last Words
1. Pablo Picasso- "Drink to me!"
2. Thomas Edison- "It's very beautiful over there."
3. Charlie Chaplin- When the priest, who was attending him on his deathbed, said "May the Lord have mercy on your soul," Chaplin quickly replied, "Why not? After all, it belongs to him."
4. Leo Tolstoy- "Even in the valley of the shadow of death, two and two do not make six."
5. Karl Marx- "Go on, get out! Last words are for fools who haven't said enough!"
6. Ludwig van Beethoven-"Friends applaud, the comedy is finished."
7. Humphrey Bogart- "I should never have switched from Scotch to Martinis."
8. Joan Crawford- "Damn it . . . Don't you dare ask God to help me."
To her housekeeper, who had begun to pray aloud.
9. Pancho Villa- "Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."
10. George Bernard Shaw- "Dying is easy, comedy is hard."
11. Anna Pavlova, ballerina- "Get my swan costume ready."
12. Florenz Ziegfeld, broadway producer- "Curtain! Fast music! Lights! Ready for the last finale! Great! The show looks good. The show looks good."
13. Isaac Newton- "I don't know what I may seem to the world. But as to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore and diverting myself now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than the ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me."
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants