Thursday, May 10, 2007

This video is, like- totally awesome!

I watched Music & Lyrics last night... I love me some Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore! This movie was pretty formulaic, but the beginning set the tone for the movie- the beginning being this video , pretty funny. I about died when the movie started and i saw this:

Pop Goes My Heart (and yes, this is actually Hugh Grant dancing and singing in this video, *snort*)


This brings back so many memories, I can't tell you! This video makes me think of the days when synthesizers were popular and the videos were very cheesy like: Tears For Fears, Duran Duran, Wham, and AHA. ( see my Thursday Thirteen above for links to actual videos)

All these songs/videos I loved. *cringe* I can just picture myself in my slouch socks and scrunchied, permed pony tail placed high on my head, high waisted pleat front shorts and my shirt tucked in to reveal the perfect amount of blousing. *gasp* One or more of those items of clothing might have had stripes or a black and white checked pattern, including possibly my over sized Claire's Boutique earrings and ginourmous bangle bracelet.

One word... Bershon.

Anyway, this movie was very cute. I really liked it... but I enjoyed reminiscing even more. ;)

BTW, if you want to see a good Drew Barrymore movie, you should check out My Date With Drew.

I saw this movie about a year ago and loved it. It's a true story about a young guy who just wants one date with Drew... it warm, funny, and very heartfelt. I loved this movie, and you can see from the film that Drew isn't an act. She's the real deal. If you like that sort of thing check it out! I rented it through Netflix. :D You can watch the trailer here.

6 comments:

Not So Anonymous Michelle said...

I GOTTA see those movies, I totally LOVE Drew! It's so funny about the remiscing about the 80's, Monday night on our walk we were talking about the whole 80's and 90's hair and clothing, rolling up the pants, scrunchie socks and schrunchies in the hair, just yesterday discussing the hair that looked like you had wings and the bangs...don't get me started! haha My stepmom still has the scrunchy spiral perm, she rolled her jeans way past the point when it was cool too but I never had the heart to tell her, or I wanted to be mean, I was like a teenager or pre-teen and she's my stepmom, you figure it out!

Anonymous said...

What a coincidence -

I actually have Lyrics and Music due to arrive today from Netflix!!! I can't wait to see it - so, I am NOT going to watch the video. I'll wait until I can see it with the movie!!!

Holly Schwendiman said...

Oh talk about take'n ya back. The 80s was SUCH a definable era wasn't it?

Hugs,
Holly

Anonymous said...

We're showing this movie on the plane right now. Everyone really seems to enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

That's a different side of Hugh I have not seen before. I have not seen the movie yet, but it reminds me of Wedding Singer.

Pamela said...

deja vu

I think I just read this post


I think I need to rent this DVD. ALTHOUGH, I haven't rented one in months.

I've been on strike. (NY resolution.)