Friday, May 25, 2007

Scrunchy faces, smiles, and Anna-isms



We had these pictures done on Saturday... I am a little disappointed with the background not being completely white and the floral print showing through, but they turned out pretty good I think. Anna is self conscious about her smile for some reason, and tends to cover her teeth. Silly girl! We keep telling her she is beautiful, but she just doesn't get it. The more we try to tell her to smile nice, the more self conscious she gets.

To get her to smile that gorgeous smile she has, I had to dance and make (fake) farting noises. I tell you, the things we do, huh?

On the way out , a mom was holding her infant and waiting for pictures to be done. I told Anna that I couldn't believe that she used to be that tiny, and what a beautiful, big girl she has become.

To which she said, while shaking her head and smiling, "Oh man, I know what's coming next..."

What- I say, as the tears begin to form in my eyes.

"You're going to start crying."

My girl, she knows me so well. ;)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

at some point im going to have to tell ya'll some of the quirky things cookie says.. seriously funny

beatiful pics;)

ChrisB said...

These are really beautiful pictures.

Anonymous said...

Those are really pretty pictures of your daughters. They really do look happy (must be the farts).

I've been reading your blog via Bloglines this weekend and didn't even know a new design until today. I love it.

Anonymous said...

They are precious! :)

alisonwonderland said...

i think the photos turned out very well! such cute girls!

Pamela said...

and did you? cry?

Mary said...

Thanks guys! I think they are pretty darned cute myself!

Haha, DF!

Pamela, yes I did cry. My face always get red and splotchy, there is no hiding the fact when I do cry. It's not like the loud sobbing gives it away or anything. ;)

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. What beautiful girls you have.

Also wanted to say I like the new blog header. :) Good job!

Mary said...

Thanks Maggie, I can't take credit for the actual image, I found it as a desktop on the web and added text to it. I have to try to find the creator so I can ask if it's ok and give them credit.

Anonymous said...

Look at how beautiful they both are! They're really growing up too fast!

Karianne said...

Love the new look. Isn't it great that she knows you as well as you know her?

Not So Anonymous Michelle said...

LOVE the pictures! The ones with the two of them facing each other is sweet and one where they look like they are both laughing, likely at your "fake" farts, is adorable too! Tell Anna she does have a spectacular smile, I hate to hear of such young girls already being self-concious, my step-sister who's 14 has said some things about her weight before and it bugs me. I would get choked up too in that situation. I had a couple of moments this weekend where I was teary, they grow up too fast!