1. Sort your sock drawer.
2. Out of desperation, consider chipping paint from the siding over your garage.
3. Search your car for loose change and gum.
4. Transfer 2 whole rooms of stuff in an erratic and senseless pattern over the span of 5 days, not unlike one of these.
5. Make a sock monkey.
6. Floss. A lot.
7. Blog in your head- write mental posts about how you would like to kill your husband for forgetting to pay the cable bill, where to hide the body parts, wonder what all your blogging friends are doing, and if they will forget about you while you are gone.
8. Watch your washing machine do a complete wash cycle and/or wait anxiously for your dryer to DING.
9. Ponder the pros and cons of giving up the only place in the house you can call your own so that your 6 year old can have a place to call her own.
10. Teach yourself how to play the drums. On Tupperware.
11. Try to guess how many spam emails you have waiting for you.
12. Since you don't have cable or internet, you can now hear the crashing and clanging of your life wasting away... and you now have time to wonder what you are going to do with the rest of your life.
13. The very last hour of your desperate quiet, sit on the couch and do nothing while you wait for the cable guy, feeling thankful and exhilarated when he knocks on the door, and try to restrain yourself from jumping all over him like an excited puppy.