Sunday, April 01, 2007

My Music/ 5 Things About Me Meme

I was tagged by Amisare Waswerebeen at Music Makers and Dreamers to do a music meme. To quote Amisare:
I am to list seven songs/cds that I have listened to recently and elaborate a bit. I am then to tag seven other bloggers with this blessing of a meme.

I was also tagged by my new blogging amiga Ash to:
Five things you've never revealed on your blog, and then tag five people! ( to which I said, " Oooh, fartsnargle! I have no idea what I HAVEN'T revealed already... because I'm an emotion(al) exhibitionist ya know, LOL! I'm really going to have to wrack the 2 brain cells I have left. :D")


The multitasker that I am, I will now attempt to intertwine 2 completely different memes. I will label what meme I am answering by putting Music, 5 Things or both at the beginning.

1. Music/5 Things: I love this song, I just want to don a sun dress and frolic in a field of daisies when I hear this . Seriously. Corinne Bailey Rae is one of my new favorites because she is an old soul, and her voice has this buttery yet raspy quality about it.


2. Music: You probably already know that Sheryl Crow is one of my favorite artists. I don't know exactly what I Don't Wanna Know is about, ya know... but the song is so melancholy I can't resist it.


3. Music/ 5 Things: Though the "egg donor" is what and who she is... I am grateful that I was able to glean a few positive things from the insanity of my childhood. One being manners, the second being a love of all types of music. My mother exposed us to rock, R&B, Motown... Anyway I'm sure I'm not alone in believing that this song is almost better than chocolate.


4. Music: Sarah McLachlan is my all time favorite female artist. Sarah has gotten me through some rough patches in my life. Another example of buttery... her voice reminds me of butterscotch. I think we can all relate to thins song. ;)


5. Music/5 Things: I have to admit that I am very fickle about music, as eclectic as my music tastes are. When I first heard this album by Keane, I was a little disappointed. I thought it lacked something, but I couldn't put my finger on it. But, I kept playing it and this album eventually grew on me. I have this habit of obsessing over one CD and playing it to death until my poor husband can't take it any longer, and until I have played it so often that I couldn't possibly listen to it again... for at least a month. I don't just do this with music though... I am obsessive-compulsive, and have done this with blogging as well.


6. Music/5 Things: This kid is so talented, I don't even know where to begin. My hubs love this album as well. You already know that I like some rap, but I am ashamed to admit that I have had quite a few boy band albums. I won't list them all but I really was into Backstreet Boys for awhile, and still like them. But not in a creepy way. ;)


7. Music/5 Things: Two months ago, I was in a really black mood. There are times when I am angry and depressed. Sometimes I am angry with myself for letting the past still affect me so much. Anyway, instead of feeling guilty for being depressed, sometimes when I am alone and feeling this way, I like to listen to this kind of music. I spend about 30-40 minutes singing along and head banging... it's cathartic for me and I almost always feel better. Weird, huh? My favorite group for the last few years has been Linkin Park, but after my hubs suggested I listen to Breaking Benjamin, they've grown on me.




For the music Meme, I tag:
Maggie
Daddy Forever
Yoshi
Tiggerprr
And Squeeeee! (Ash, LOL!)
Holly
Karianne
Bonus tag:My bud Michelle!
For the 5 Things meme, I think everyone I blogging know has done it, but if you want to, join in the fun! :D

14 comments:

tiggerprr said...

Hey Chickie... :)

Of course I'll come out to play! I'll need a day or so though to come up with the "right" 7 songs. :)

Anonymous said...

That's creative...combining two different memes into one post. I'll see what I can come up with.

Karianne said...

From the M
to the E
to the R and T,

I'm so doing this! I'll let you know in a couple of days when it is done

Love you!

lemon said...

i did a somewhat similar post..!! :)
put ur records on is on my blog too :)

Anonymous said...

I don't know. You did such a great job combining the Memes. I will work on it today.

crse said...

this was an AWESOME meme combine! Cool cool cool!

Not So Anonymous Michelle said...

Excellent choices!! #1 is especially my favorite. CBR is one of my recent favorite artists taht I can't get enough of.

Unknown said...

There's always been a special place in my teen-bopper heart of yore for NSYNC...especially Justin. Did you see him host SNL back around Christmas? Hysterical!

Anonymous said...

Hey Gal...just stopped by for a second...lurv the tunes.

Mary said...

Ammy, Daddy Forever,Maggie and Karianne , Thanks for playing , guys!

Virginia, I loved that show! "Dick in a box" about killed me, and my husband and i were singing it for weeks.

Hey, Swampy... good to see you!

Ash said...

Art thou happy now? My evil little soul shrieks at being confined to a topic.

Is done, though.

Ash said...

The evil little soul shuts up when awards are mentioned.

Anonymous said...

Good choice of music.....It should make u happy........

Yoshi said...

Ai ya! I just realized I've been tagged. hehe I guess I'll have to list some stuff.