Monday, August 13, 2007

Manic Monday- Drop

Today's manic Monday is brought to you by the word DROP. For more MM's visit Mo's site and join in the fun!

I'm going to Reno in 4 days... are my bags packed yet? Why, yes they are. Thanks for asking. Obsess much, you are correct, sir! I packed my suit case Friday night. Yup that's right, almost a week before my trip, my stuff is all packed with the exception of make up and my blow dryer. ;)

But I digress, we are supposed to be discussing the word DROP. What was my point? Oh yes... since I tend to make regular drop offs in the boob zone (bombing my chest and the outlying regions, missing my mouth completely at times), I have had to rethink the whole "I'm only bringing a carry on bag so I can avoid the whole luggage pick up thing... I'm only going to be gone for 4 days, so I shouldn't need much ..." thingy.

I had originally thought that I could bring this cute, adorable and completely inadequate carry on bag:
Now this may seem like it's an average sized suit case, right? I assure you that compared to The Beast that I will be hauling, it's a Hobbit. I might as well humiliate myself further to illustrate just how much of a problem I have. Without further ado, I present for your delight, comparison and contrast... The Beast and The Hobbit! *insert gasp here*

I can't help it! I alway over pack! But in my defense, as I said I have a problem with food. Food loves my boobs and my boobs love food. Food loves the front of my body so much that I might as well just toss the food up into air and wait to see where it drops. Therefore I have packed (at least) one extra shirt per day that I will be away.

In retrospect, I have gotten quite the chuckle out of myself (and lots of scoffing from the MISU) that I dared to think that The Hobbit would suffice. My unrealized dreams of The Hobbit being stowed neatly in the over head bin and visions of myself skipping merrily past the luggage terminal were crushed by the reality that a girl really does need shoe options. Not to mention extra shirts for the inevitable War on Boobs.

It was nice to dream though, and those dreams are stuff that fairy tales are made of.

Hmmmm... another thought... my brother snores. I could drop some ear plugs into my ears. Or a pillow over my head. A pillow over his head?

Ahhhh, I have it! I could drop some ice down his shorts! ;)


On another note, I am sure my hubs- the MISU- is completely beside himself with joy that he only has to drop me off at the airport and will not be there to lug The Beast to my hotel room. ;)

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL--you could pack heavy OR buy a Tide stain stick :) Great post and have a great trip!

Mary said...

Do those Tide stain thingys really work? I'm such a stain monster, I'm kind of skeptical. LOL! I have one, my MIL bought me one as a joke... but haven't tried it. I usually just use dish soap!

Anonymous said...

that is nothing you should have seen what i packed for my week long trip to seattle once;) nothing compared to what i packed so don't feel bad at all LOL

bundle-o-contradictions said...

hee hee :)

Not So Anonymous Michelle said...

Yet another thing we have in common...my boobs are a complete drop zone for food AND beverages, something has got to be wrong with my lips that they can't keep the food contained, I dunno! Get some tide sticks though, they do work well! I think your packing looks about like mine would look for our 5 day trip next month, so not too bad!

Anonymous said...

My boobs arent worthy of anything dropped. Cause I dont really have any. And I hate packing. Such a chore.

Sarge Charlie said...

have a great trip

Sandee said...

Have a great time in Reno. Very well done. :)

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

leave the beast and take the hobbit. you can do it!!! step away from the beast!

smiles, bee

Claire said...

I am having packing issues for Italy on Friday, i have no idea what to take so i now have a clothes mountain to squish into small bag :)

I have boobage issues too! and i have loads of white tops!

Jenny McB said...

As a shirt stainer myself (w/o the boobs...LOL), I feel your pain....but won't your sister have a washer? Just think, no hubby to carry the beast once you are there..Think this over carefully...you wouldn't want to drop the beast now, would you?
Have a great trip.

Sophia said...

I feel ya! I should pack two or three shirts a day for myself! Have a safe trip and don't DROP too much!

Linda said...

I always overpack, too, which is ridiculous because I never wear half the stuff I take but still - you never know when you're going to need it!

Lisa said...

I always over pack as well and also am in the War of the Boobs!! The Tide things work "okay"...just be sure to get it on the spot quickly and I think it works best on small jobs.

Lizza said...

Wow, that's a lot of luggage for your trip. Have a good one!

crse said...

I have the same problem in terms of the relationship between my boobs and food! I have those fantasies of avoiding luggage claim too. Maybe one day when Im old and just wear mu-mus....

Anonymous said...

I often spill food on my boobs too! But what I really want to know is.......
Are you going to get the tatoo?
wasn't it a bro and sis thing?
Is it happening in Reno?

Inquiring minds want to know!!

Good Luck, Have fun, no matter...

Marilyn said...

I am getting a stain stick... I am so tired of changing my shirt twice a day.

Ian said...

Hauling a hobbit. Foodalicious boobs. Awesome post!

Ian

Gattina said...

It seems to me that you suffer travel fiever ! I used to do like you packing one week before. The trouble was then when the day came I didn't remember what I had put in ! So I had to unpack, check and start the whole thing again. Now I have a list in my computer, when I travel I print it out and throw everything in my suitcase the last minute !

Mary said...

Alrighty then, I dug out the Tide stick! I am still skeptical though , so the 2 shirts I packed in my carry on back pack are staying;)

You might wonder what I could possibly do in a mere matter of hours on 2 different planes. Lets just say that in the past, I managed to spill a whole glass of cola on my person... Even a Tide stick wont clean THAT. :)

Thanks for all of the well wishes everyone! I wish I could manage the Hobbit, but I think the beast is the one for me;)

Karen- Yes this is the trip that I will get the tattoo... and my brother lives in Maryland- he's flying out too! I will post a pic of the design for wordless Wednesday... maybe ;)

Marci said...

Hey sis.... don't forget, I have a washer you can use and YES... I have the same boob issue. Bring just a little and heck, if you need to we can always go SHOPPING to get a few new shirts. I"m sure you need something that says "RENO" on it before you go home !!!!
Love you lots and SEE YOU IN JUST A FEW DAYS!!!!! WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO
:-)

Holly Schwendiman said...

Ha! Can't wait to hear all about your trip! :)

Hugs
Holly

Unknown said...

I like this bag! It has a very "I'm traveling through Europe" feel to it! :) Very happy for you that you're going on this trip!