Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Dona Nobis Pacem




Wouldn't it be something if our children saw war as a thing of the past
instead of a horrible and ever present reality?
If they didn't have to see violent and disturbing images on the news?
Or didn't have to ask, "Where is my mommy and daddy,
don't they love me more than being a soldier?"
What would our world be like if children didn't see their
parents killed in front of them or have them die in their arms?
And if parents didn't have to see their child pick up a gun.
What if we lived in a world where governments and
persons of power didn't exploit their own people for personal gain?

I cannot stop the bullets and the bombs.
I cannot bring our soldiers home.
I cannot quell the suffering of the millions.
I cannot overthrow a corrupt
government and establish true democracy.
I feel that I cannot be heard.

Until today.

Dona Nobis Pacem.

Amen.

7 comments:

exskindiver said...

hi mert.
you wrote from your heart.
peace to you.

how have you been?
it has been a while.

~chesca

Me. Here. Right now. said...

Peace!~

Anonymous said...

wow, very powerful!! what a beautiful post for peace, my globe is up and flying today....Peace to you!!

Travis Cody said...

Yes, how would it be?

Peace to you and yours on this wonderful Peace Globe Day and always.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

nicely done mert

Searching For A Peaceful World on

SEE "BLOGBLAST FOR PEACE" IN WIKIPEDIA

Mimi Lenox said...

Peace love and chocolate. Now that's a plan I can live with.

Thanks for participating in this special Blogblast For Peace day. I hope you enjoyed it. I love your globe! Peace to you and yours.

Annelisa said...

Well said, Mert!