Monday, November 26, 2007

You heard it here first!

I just read this blog post on AOL giving information to the authorities, and for the record I feel comfortable with this. I think if you find that one person is researching such content that it is at least worth looking into...

Except if it comes to me. Just for the record, Federal Bureau of Investigations, the reason why you or Google might have noticed me trolling your site is because I am writing a book for NaNoWriMo. Honestly.eek

Also, my google searches for: Barrett M107 Sniper Rifles, Glocks, Military Surplus, hit man lingo, FBI locations in California, ways to say that someone has been killed, how long does it take to bleed out from a groin wound, female assassins, military bases and addresses in southern California, search warrants etc, etc, etc...

these are just searches I am doing for my novel. By the way, besides aving one FBI character that is kind of a slob, I promise that all of the other Bureau characters are written with the utmost reverence and taste. wink

I promise you that the only thing I'm planning on murdering besides the English language, is ironically a character named English. Besides I love my family and friends. The ones I don't like are hardly worth the trouble.

So Google and Blogger (who is owned by Google), before you turn me in to the feds check out my other blog where my book currently resides... it's all there.

Nervously yours,
~mert

12 comments:

Not So Anonymous Michelle said...

I think it's so greaet that the character being murdered is English by the way...hehe! Yes, quite an interesting search history on your computer I'm sure!

Anonymous said...

LOL.
There's coming to take you away ha ha he he to the funny farm STRIKE to google jail

Anonymous said...

Yikes!

Last year for Nanowrimo - I googled a bunch of different weapons and then looked up all the NYPD precincts!!

That could look a bit bad.

Pamela said...

if they check you out, I'll vouch for ya!

They can't arrest us for being dorks, can they??

Anonymous said...

Well, if you disappear off the face of the Earth, we'll know what happened.

Tee/Tracy said...

That's a bit worrisome. I can understand the concern but I'm also doing NanoWriMo and I have had to research some crazy stuff. LOL.

Unknown said...

If worse comes to worse, we can all pitch in a bit for bail! :)

Unknown said...

I often wonder what people would think if they saw my Google search list. I research for a lot of articles and I end up typing things that could possibly lead to "adult sites" by accindent. Hilary Duff pictures for example. I googles that last night to help me get more info on her for an article I wrote about holiday shopping for her fans. I saw links to at least 4 "adult sites" on the first page.

Maybe Google should find a way for people to censor a little more of what search results find if they want to look too far into it LOL

BTW...the book sounds really interesting!

Unknown said...

I wonder whether the Google people just get desensitized to odd searches after a while. I probably wood.

Holly Schwendiman said...

Hee hee - see you never know where a simple writing project will take you. :)

Hugs,
Holly

p.s. simple is hardly the right word is it?!! LOL

Anonymous said...

"Barrett M107 Sniper Rifles, Glocks, Military Surplus, hit man lingo, FBI locations in California, ways to say that someone has been killed, how long does it take to bleed out from a groin wound, female assassins, military bases and addresses in southern California, search warrants"?? I want to read this book you are writing!

Avery Gray said...

I've done the same thing--researched types of wounds, and how long it would take someone to die from them. Also, how to slit someone's throat without spilling any blood, how difficult it is to cut bone with a longsword, and how long someone can function with a severed artery. If someone were to draw conclusions about me based on that, I might look a tad certifiable.

Besides, anyone who's also Googling "poop" probably isn't a serious threat. More like a bored college student.