Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Whaaaaaaaaa!

I am stuck. The writer's (cinder) block has come crashing down on my....

I. Can't. Think. Of .The. Word.

Oh yes, my husband just helped me... that would be skull!

---------------------------> Not the word count number of doom. I'm only 1845 words behind.

or if i were typing that in my book, I might consider writing it as "I have written nine thousand eight hundred and twenty-four words, and yet to make today's quota, I still need to write another one thousand eight hundred and forty-five."- just to boost my word count. I have been writing honorably without resorting to dirty tricks, but the dirty tricks are starting to sound like a good idea. You know, in the way that buying that microwave bacon fryer/ sweater drying rack combo sounds like it's a good idea at 3 am.

I am currently at the "I suck, my plot sucks, this is a load of sucking crap and I think I'll just quit" stage.

I must call my technical adviser, he's in the other room playing XBOX 360. I'm sorry I haven't visited yet this week, staring at a blank Word Document is keeping me busy. :(

Self-inflicted misery, it's the worst.

Oh yeah, more important things going on in the world...

3 comments:

Pamela said...

keep writing. you can go back later and change whatever you want.
right now it is all about words... flowing like a river out of your source

Not So Anonymous Michelle said...

It's such a great story, you're doing great! I don't know how you can think it sucks and how you even have writer's block, it's so great!!!

Jana said...

Hey, I've got some great (tongue-in-cheek) tips for boosting your word count posted on my blog today.

Keep going - you can do it!