Thursday, November 22, 2007

Gobble.



I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am blessed to have so many blogging buddies and I know I am very thankful for all of you.

Remember to be safe! Here are a few important safety tips:

Buttons on pants can be dangerous. To avoid having your button put out someone's eye, go ahead and unbutton before the meal starts.

The drumstick is not worth losing a knife fight over.

Don't be the first person to help yourself to the gravy, chances are it's hot enough to take a layer of taste buds off your tongue. Pass it to the left and let it come full circle back to you. ;)

If you do burn your tongue, soak it in a tub whipped cream. Not only will it sooth your tongue (because you just couldn't liten about the gravy, could you?)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Anonymous said...

LOL great tips! And some are kind of true too! Happy Thanks Giving!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tips but I'm a day late with a burnt tongue.

Jennfactor 10 said...

Happiest of Turkey Days to you, Miz Mert!

Not So Anonymous Michelle said...

hah, great one! Love it! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Pamela said...

I had a button pop on my coat when I put it on today. Fortunately there were no injuries. But, I do need to sew it back on...and that may be dangerous.

Thanks for the fun advice!

Unknown said...

I love the tips!!

K said...

Hope you and your family had a great Thanksgiving!

I love the safety tips!

Anonymous said...

heh heh - the gravy is so true....but if the table is large, you may not want to skip - because by the time it gets passed around to you again, it may be lumpy cold!

I hope you had a good THanksgiving!

Kelly Curtis said...

LOL! Too funny! And oh-so-true!

Unknown said...

My Thanksgiving was great--hope yours was, too!

Hugs and Turkey,
Virginia :)

Anonymous said...

When it comes to a drumstick, I'm willing to lose a finger. hee hee

Hope you had a great one!

Holly Schwendiman said...

Hee hee - like the tongue in whipped cream tip. I'll archive that one. :) My holiday trip was travel to someone else's house so you don't have the cooking or cleaning to deal with! :)

Hugs,
Holly