Friday, July 13, 2007

Four Things About Me

My friend Judy tagged me for this meme, thanks Judy! :D

FOUR JOBS I HAVE HAD IN MY LIFE:
1. My very first job as in the family owned "sweat shop"... We all of a sudden were the cleaning crew for an advertising agency for extra cash. My younger brother was 7 or 8 when we started and we worked very hard for little money.

2. Cashier at the local grocery store, down in the boon docks.

3. Corpsman (medic) in the United States Navy. :D

4. LVN or LPN depending on which state you're in.



FOUR MOVIES I WOULD WATCH OVER AND OVER:
1. So I Married An Axe Murderer

2. Wedding Crashers

3. North By Northwest

4. Anne of Green Gables


FOUR PLACES I HAVE LIVED:
1. Hell.

2.Treasure Island, California (formerly a Naval base)

3. Oakland, California (when it was the murder capital of the US, Yipeee!)

4. Hayward, California


FAVORITE FOODS:
1. Since I have lost my craving for it I'm sad to say that chocolate, the previous reigning champion has lost it's heavy weight belt to steak and burgers. Which brings this saying to mind: I love animals. They taste good.

2.Any Asian food. Especially sushi which I haven't had any of in over a year :(

3. Any kind of pasta. I heart carbs, much to my butt's dismay.

4. Sorry chocolate, but at least you still make the top 4. Right?


PLACES I WOULD RATHER BE NOW:
1. Italy

2.Greece

3. S.F.

4. Eastern Shore, Maryland


FOUR PEOPLE I TAG TO DO THIS MEME:
1. Michelle

2. Maggie

3. Slackermommy

4. Dorky Dad



By the way... I was wondering if any of you have lost a pet unexpectedly? My bud Michelle
just lost her beautiful furbaby Coco during a dental cleaning procedure while under anesthesia. I know like a lot of people, Michelle felt like Coco was more than a pet and was just another member of the family. Michelle and her family are doing better, but Coco passed away on Tuesday. If you would like to, please head over and show her some love right now. Thanks.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey There -
I did the meme! I can't believe chocolate has slipped down your list. You don't even seem upset. Do you feel ok ??? Are you sick ???

Mary said...

Naw, I'm not sick... well physically anyway :)

Just a weird thing, I can't explain it! They say your taste buds change several times over your life... at this rate I'll be craving plain, bland mashed potatoes and flavorless pot roast.

Not So Anonymous Michelle said...

Awww, thank you so much for the sweet info about our loss of Coco. I really appreciate it! You're so thoughtful! We ordered a memorial marker today for her that will have her photo etched on it, that will be really nice. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

I'll get right going on the meme. I also have a slideshow for today.

JAM said...

I LOVE "So I Married And Axe Murderer"!

Some of the greatest lines in all movie-dom are in the scene where he and the friend go to his parents house for supper and the Dad (Mike Myers again) ragging on the younger brother about his big head.

"Look-it thaht thing! It'l like Sputnik!"

"Mom, most people don't refer to The Weekly World News as...The Paper."

"He'll be crrrryin' himself ta sleep tonite on his HUUUGE pilla!"

Great stuff.

Anonymous said...

I love ann of green gables.. one of my all time fav movies/books;)

Marci said...

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of Coco. I know how it is. I had my cat for 15 years and had to put her down the day before Katie was born. She got sick real fast and there was nothing I could do for her. It's a hard thing.

Anonymous said...

got a chuckle out of places you have lived... hell; been there...