Friday, July 13, 2007

I'm part of the sisterhood!

After many months of weighing my options about pay per posts, reviews and advertising on my blog- otherwise known in the blogosphere as "pimping"- I decided to take the plunge.

Lots of bloggers are getting paid for their opinion, and some are being paid to dedicate a block of pixels to an advertiser. After I heard that BlogHer was going to open enrollment for applications again, I jumped faster than a PMS'er pounces on a bag of Snickers;)

So, I'm proud to say that I was accepted by BlogHer to advertise here on my blog just a few hours after I faxed in the papers, even though they said it could take up to a month to have my blog approved. I'm very excited! They like me, they really like me! In a week or two expect to see some advertising in the upper left corner of my blog.

My husband agrees with me... I spend so much time blogging that I might as well get paid something. Besides, who couldn't use a little dough to put towards their shoe fund, right?

11 comments:

Not So Anonymous Michelle said...

Cool, are they still accepting apps, I'd love to get paid for blogging! :)

Unknown said...

That's cool! Congrats! I probably don't get enough traffic on my site to get accepted though! :) Happy weekend!

Yoshi said...

Congrats! You well deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That's really cool!

Anonymous said...

Cool. I applied to them before and got accepted, but I had no way to fax them my info so that was a bust. Good luck with it!

Jill said...

I just submitted my application last night. I'm thinking that since my new blog is so new that I'm not going to get accepted. Damn me for switchig blogs!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I knew you'd get in!

ElisaC said...

Welcome aboard! I just wanted to poop in and say:

1. Yes we're still accepting new applications
and
2. Size of blog is not a criteria for being accepted...we love quality BlogHers of all sizes.

cdpj: we do have a criteria that blogs have been live for over 90 days (because most people who are going to abandon their blog do so in that period.) If you have lots of archives from a previous URL, and you just switched URLs, you might want to share that information. It could help.

Hope this helps.

ElisaC said...

Um, that would be "pop in."

What an awesome way to end my week!

< red-faced and slinking away >

Marci said...

very cool.. maybe when you are here you can teach me the "land of blogs" lol

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being accepted to Blogherads. Can't wait until you start running DorkAds too.