Thursday, July 05, 2007

Movies... gad, I'm so sick of popcorn

OK, let me just preface all of this by saying that my tastes in movies covers a wide range. I love comedy, drama, thrillers and foreign/subtitled films. I like guy and chick flicks- and if you can get a chick flick where they blow stuff up... well, I'm just tickled pink. Yeah, I can be a meat head like that sometimes. ;)

Knocked Up... lets just say that I have a very twisted sense of humor. Bordering on gross and obscene. I loved this movie- NEED I SAY MORE. Yeah, this is where the meat head theory comes in to play. This movie reminded me of the good old days when I'd go watch my hubby play softball on base in Oakland, back when we were in the Navy. Sometimes I was the one of the few chicks there so you can imagine. Yup, just me and the guys hanging out. Good times. If you don't mind the typical single guy humor and can hang with the fella's like the best of them, you'll like this movie. If crude humor turns you off, don't see it.

Live Free Or Die Hard? EXACTLY... tha's what I'm talkin' about! I love Bruce Willis and have for a very long time (think teen crush on a very suave David Addison on Moonlighting... YUM!), and for me this Die Hard movie didn't disappoint. Believe it or not, I didn't find the plot of this movie as far fetched as previous Die Hard's- but I ain't saying the action wasn't there. This film 'tis very good.

Transformers? The nostalgia was bearable ;)You might think that the concept is cheesy being that it is based on an 80's cartoon, but this movie kicked butt! Animation- mind blowing and so realistic. Action- Yes, yes and yes! Story line- very humorous and the creators did a very good job sticking to the original cartoon story line IMHO.

Have you guys taken your ankle biters to see Ratatouille yet? It's very cute! A lot of kids movies these days are lack luster when comes down to content, but I have to admit this one is pretty good.

My husband found this wallpaper at the official site and asked me to take out the huge logo and words at the bottom... and I did :P Here is the original:
If you would like to get my Photoshopped version without the junk, you can get it here. It may take a while for the page to load, then "right click/save as".

Here is a smaller version, so you can see what it looks like w/o the lettering:

15 comments:

J. A. Blackburn said...

Ok, I totally want to see all these movies. So I'm glad you liked them... there's nothing worse than wanting to see a movie and then reading a bad review!

Ann(ie) said...

I love Knocked up, TOOOOOO!! So funny and twisted, but also right up my alley. =o)

Anonymous said...

I have the first one as my wallpaper, because of my kids! Nice photoshopping!

And the rat movie gets 5 stars from my kids!

Not So Anonymous Michelle said...

Awesome job on the photo! I know I would LOVE Knocked Up and we are hoping to go see it in the theater, but we'll probably end up waiting till video as busy as we've been lately! Glad to hear the Rat movie is good and I LOVE the photo tinkered with, really beautiful!

Man, I am in the mood for a movie now!

Unknown said...

Movies? What are movies? I haven't seen a movie at a theater in ages.

Unknown said...

Movies? What are movies? I haven't seen a movie at a theater in ages.

crse said...

Im SO JEALOUS!! (and have two brothers so gross humor is right up my alley!) I think the rat movie is the closest i will get so far...

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Die Hard is good-I get a little worried when franchises get to the 4th movie in a series.

Congrats on your 300th post!

Anonymous said...

I keep hearing that the kiddie movie is good.. maybe i'll have to get it when it comes out on DVD;) No movies for us yet.

sounds like you had a good time;)

Anonymous said...

I've heard Ratatouille is good, but I'm not taking the kids. I took them to two movies this summer and 90-minutes was just too long for them to sit.

Jill said...

Hi! I voted for you as Class Clown on Island Girl's Bloggy Hoss elections and you made the top 3!

Check it out: http://islandlife808.com/

Anonymous said...

I LOVED Ratatouille. Loved it - but for my kids, it was a different story . It couldn't hold their attention...even my 6 year old. (When I took them to Finding Nemo - they were riveted the entire time). Ratatouille is more of a cartoon for older kids.

(My favorite part was the small cartoon before the movie - the alien one - laughed my buttosky off)

Marci said...

Most of the time I have to wait for them to come out to Blockbuster before I get to see anything. Did manage to see the new Fantastic 4 movie. It was good. I need to get out more :-)

Anonymous said...

Ratatouille does look very cute.
There are so many good movies out this Summer.
Thanks for sharing your reviews.

Holly Schwendiman said...

Ironically, the brothers are watching Transformers tonight. We opted out because we know our little guy totally wants to see it so we'll take him. We've been salivating over getting to it. We enjoyed Ratitouille (sp?) too. The next big one we're REALLY waiting for is the Bourne Ultimatum (sp?) and Harry Potter...of course.

Hugs,
Holly