Thursday, July 19, 2007

I schmooze, you schmooze, we schmooze



Just when I think I couldn't possibly get more blog love, someone like Dorky Dad awards me with sumthin'. :D Dorky Dad sees my dorky potential as a schmoozer, and though he admits he is a fan of mine he admitted the other day that he is really here for the Anna-isms, LOL!

Anywho, I decided that before I wrote this post I would look up the actual meaning of the word schmooze. It's meaning from various sources on the net are:
1. to chat idly; gossip.
2. idle conversation; chatter.
3. To converse casually, especially in order to gain an advantage or make a social connection.
4. (from a Yiddish source) Idle talk, gossip, (intimate) chat; to persuade; to have a lightweight conversation, not serious in nature
Hmmm, I think I like the last one the best. Then I read this article online, and for me this nailed the meaning of schmoozing. To quote Susan RoAne:
Yes, schmooze is everywhere in the news. I get daily google alerts when it appears in newspapers around the world. It’s Yiddish and it means easy -going, relaxed conversation. It does NOT mean “making business contacts” nor does it mean “sales success”. Can good conversation lead to both? OF COURSE!...

The best of conversationalists read, pay attention to what is going on in their communities, companies, neighborhoods and the world. They have charm, are engaging and make us feel at ease. The next time you meet one of those special people… observe: what they do, what they say, what they DON’T say, how they respond. Watch them LISTEN....

***Note: If you have a chance, please read Susan's entire article, it's very good.

Ok, YES! This one I really like. Though I wouldn't necessarily categorize myself as having charm (see previous post and comments, LOL!), I would like to think that for the most part I have the ability to make people feel at ease (please exclude previous post). I can run the gamut as they say, but I would like to think that for the most part that I do keep my readers entertained with light hearted chatter. And sarcasm.

Thanks Dorky Dad for awarding me this, I accept it with a humble (and dorky) heart!

Who to give this award too...

Local Girl of course! It doesn't matter what LG talks about... she's just such an all around warm and sweet person, but when she chats with you, you know she really means it. She's the real deal.

Maggie
is another blogger that I love to chit chat with. Whether her posts are humorous or serious, she's always genuine. She's a gem! Plus I am totally jealous that she has a man that cooks for her... but she knows she is one lucky gal!

My next award'ee is Absolutely Bananas. Literally and figuratively. ;) I recently found her blog by way of sk*rt and I am really enjoying her humor and Banana-ish-ness. You'll find a little bit of everything as far as content, and a lot of funny anecdotes.

Slackermommy covers soup to nuts ;) Her most recent post about her kids is a prime example. Slacckermommy and I have a common bond concerning our egg donors, but I just dig her blogging style. She is very easy going. And funny ta-boot!

Annnnd last but not least, my buddy Michelle! I have yet to meet a more sweet and genuine person than Michelle. Her blog shows the world that you can have everything! She has this ability to see through the mess of life and still be objective. Michelle is another blogger that is the real deal, and the whole enchilada.

So there you have it. I'm trying not to hog all of the bloggers on my blog roll (like I did last time) so these gals have someone to nominate too.


On another note, is there a Schmutz'er award? Because I tend to wear schmutz , usually on -but not limited to- the front of my shirt. ;) That's how mert rolls ;)

8 comments:

Slackermommy said...

Awww, I heart you too!

Jenster said...

Congrats on being a prime schmoozer.

Not So Anonymous Michelle said...

Awww, congrats on your award and thank you so much for mine! :) I am honored and in case you didn't know it, I hold a very high opinion of you as well! :) I got all choked up today reading what you wrote about it, just must be one of those days! :) HUGGGGS! THANK YOU!

Bananas said...

HOLY SCHMAPOLY... thanks a lot!

Not So Anonymous Michelle said...

Speaking of the Schmutz award thing too...I totally am the queen of schmutz, even more now that I became a mother! I swear I need those bibs more than Emma sometimes. Even on my lunch hours at home with her, I got some crap on me today that I just noticed four hours later when I looked in the bathroom mirror at work! Nice! I walked around with my fly down for the whole morning on Monday too, hubby pointed that out when I was home for lunch! I'm a mess! haha

Unknown said...

You schmoozer, you.

I had no idea that the definition of schmooze was that detailed. I guess I had in mind something shorter.

Anyway, good choices! Then again, I know one of those, so maybe I should look at the others.

Pamela said...

I've had the definition of a Schmoozer all wrong.

I heard my mom use it to describe people who were always sweet talking their way into other people's business.

Close... I guess.

You're a sweet schmoozer. Oh, by the way, what is that on your collar....

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You got schmooze alright.