Thursday, July 12, 2007

Thursday Thirteen- 13 things I need to do before my trip to see my sis

1. Lose 55 lbs. HA! Yeah, right.

2.Register Anna for school since she starts school 2 days after I get back, on August 23rd.

3. Get Anna's hair trimmed. Get my hair trimmed too, the ends are a wreck.

4. Fill the fridge with easy to cook stuff for the hubby and ankle biters. And for the MIL since she has been sweet enough to take 2 days off to watch the kids since John can't take vacation.

5. Sew the purses I had planned to give to my bud Michelle's baby booger Emma. She just turned 2 last month. What a cutie! Ack, I'm late as usual.

6. Start my Continuing Education that I have to do to maintain my LVN/LPN license even though I'm not sure if I want to be a nurse anymore, and haven't worked in 6 yrs out of the home. They are due in November and I have to renew before then or my license will be nonrenewable.

7. Buy small bottles of stuff for my trip since the new regulations say that the containers have to be 3 ounces or smaller, and everything has to be in a zip lock.

8. Buy Anna's school supplies and back pack.

9. Stencil Anna's shirts and paint them in with sparkely paint made for material. Anna always complains about the plain shirts I find on clearance so I try to pretty them up for her.

10. Redo my iPod with music me and my brother will like for the trip. I might throw some BeeGee's in just to annoy him ;) because that's what older sisters do.

12. Paint my toe nails and give myself a pedi before I go so I don't look like I have the typical "I'm a mom and neglect myself" jungle rot.

13. Pack, pack, repack and pack.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

You have a lot going on. Hope you get everything done!

JAM said...

Holy cow, sounds like too much work to me.

If you don't go on the trip, will all these things just go away? I didn't think so.

Hope you get it all done, and have a great trip.

Without the kids? amazing to even think about isn't it?

Kate said...

Wow! How exciting! Have a great time!

Nancy Lindquist-Liedel said...

Not just ANY Ziplock. A quart size Ziplock. Some poor woman in front of me got screamed at because she had a gallon size.

Unknown said...

I love the planning and packing stages of getting ready for a trip! It helps build up the excitement (as I'm sure you know). Hope you and your brother have a wonderful time reuniting with the sister! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow girl you better get busy! If you pack your crap err I mean toiletries in a suitcase you don't have to worry about the regulations. Thats what I did recently.

Not So Anonymous Michelle said...

Quite a list, sounds like you've covered pretty much everything! Have you ever been away from the girls for that long? I think I'd freak out and miss Emma terribly most of the time but find plenty of time to have a BLAST doing stuff I did before I was a mommy and married and a responsible adult...well, er, kinda...

Anonymous said...

How exciting. I would be excited about going on a child-free trip! LOL! Better get cracking on all that stuff you have to do!

Jeremy Lowe said...

my wife, The Contented Housewife uses some menu mailer and cooks a month worth of meals in a day. She then freezes them labeled w/instructions in a little book by the fridge. DH (thats me :-)) comes home, grabs frozen meal and in 30 minutes we are good to go.

Don't forget the airport zip lock must be one quart size.

hapy tt and trip

Jeremy Lowe said...

PS Tommorrows Factual Frida is on CHOCOLATE, Yeah!!!

K said...

I haven't been around in a while, but hope you have a great trip and a great time with your siblings!! I can imagene you are really excited, after not seeing your sister in so long!

Marci said...

I"m glad I'm not the only one with a list too long to do. I'm sure you will get it all done so you don't have to stress over things when you are here. I'M SOOOOO EXCITED!!!
Love ya,
Marci

Lisa said...

You have a month! No problem (except maybe on that first one, sorry.)

My list is up too.