Monday, July 23, 2007

Manic Monday- WIND

When I think of the word wind, I always think of the Disney movie Pocahontas and the song Colors Of The Wind. I truly love that movie and never tire of watching it.

Wind has always been one of my favorite forces of nature, and it reminds me of the few peaceful moments of my childhood... camping and napping in the summer to the sound of the breeze caressing the trees around us.

To this day I become instantly drowsy when I hear the rustling of leaves, and it's no wonder that fall is my favorite season. Though the trees shift and change, and leaves sing their swan song, it's a song that is made more beautiful and brilliant by the wind's embrace. Long after the leaves have fallen from their place of glory, I continue to enjoy their whispers on chilly fall nights as gusts stir them up into swirls on the sidewalks.

I think that when I leave this world, I want to be outside under the shade of a tree with my hair flowing free in the wind... to feel the bliss of that sound in my ears, and to feel the it's lingering kisses on my skin. Yes, I love it that much.

I guess all in all what wind represents to me is peace, and I think we could all use a bit of that.

Thanks Mo for hosting this wonderful meme! For more Mo and Manic Monday, go here.


15 comments:

Not So Anonymous Michelle said...

Great video, I've never seen the movie, I'll have to see it! I love sitting outside feeling a breeze, closing my eyes and just relaxing too. You're right, a little peace is a good thing.

Unknown said...

I love wind on cold, winter days! Of course we don't get many of those down here near the Gulf, but for the 2 weeks it actually gets chilly...it's fabulous!

Happy Manic Monday!

Anonymous said...

ok get out of my mind and memories already

seriously... thats kinda weird.. but the way i felt as a kid.

J. A. Blackburn said...

this is a delightful and sweet post. unfortunately I am going to be very inappropriate and tell you that when *I* think of wind, I remember finding medicine "for wind" in the drugstore in London and laughing girlishly at their word for "fart". Wind HA HA HA HA HA~ I feel a stiff breeze coming on!

Mary said...

Thanks Michelle, Virginia, Bananas and wolfbaby!

Wolfbaby, that is weird thatw e feel the same way, but cool too!

Absolutely Bananas, I was resisiting the urge to reference bodily functions, trust me! I had planned to link to my infamous "airplane incident", but I got all flowery and nostalgic instead. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Just this morning while walking Girlie Girl to school, I noticed how nice the wind feels on a summer day!

Linda said...

I had completely forgotten about this song and "Pochantas" both, which I really liked! Thank you for the reminder and for your lovely thoughts on the wind. I agree - peace is a good thing - a very good thing!

... said...

ahhh... one of my favorite songs. and i enjoy a breeze, especially one light one that cools you off on a hot day.

thanks for the video

Durward Discussion said...

Colors of the Wind is such a beautiful song and your post is one of the best I've seen today.

Christine Boles said...

That song, you hear it once, you remember it from then on! It's a great song~

Travis Cody said...

Wow - excellent post. I like winter, but I like it crips and clean and calm.

I do not like the wind, but you made me see it differently with this post.

Happy MM!

Anonymous said...

pretty song

Holly Schwendiman said...

There's just something about the beauty of nature that gets ya isn't there? Me too.

Hugs,
Holly

Sarge Charlie said...

Thanks for stopping by my place, yours was a nice wind, great video.

Pamela said...

I love the leaf fall and the swirling wind - too.