Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Oh, reeeealllly?

So today I was being tortured at the dentist's office and before she got her meat hooks on me (literally and figuratively), I hear this song playing just as I was reclining in the masochistic chair of doom:



I mentioned this to Doctor Demento, and we all had a good laugh over it, including the hygienist. I laughed hysterically. You know the kind of laugh where your voice cracks and everyone feels uncomfortable after? Yeah. Like that.


Also today I was unfortunate enough to have a Wooden Handled Knife impale itself in my right ring finger, at the tip. It was lying in wait at the bottom of the murky Waters of Dish. Be very careful, those little somma guns will jump up and getcha. The hotter the water the better, since the hot water increase circulation in the Wooden Handled Knives' main source of nutrition... the digits.

So take my advice, wait until the dish water is luke warm before braving those dreary waters... kick your heels up and enjoy a book or something. Shoot, put the dishes off until tomorrow. That was my first instinct.

I should have listened.

The bright spot in all of this is that my 2 year old heard me yelp and came running, she asked me what happened as I held my hand up while bundling it in some paper towels.

"You got a booboo, momma?"

"Yeah, honey. I hurt myself, I cut my finger on a knife."

"Well, don't do that THEN."

"Thanks Emma, that a big help."

12 comments:

Holly Schwendiman said...

Oh so sorry about the finger...those stink no matter how you slice it - literally and figuratively! (sp?)

Hugs,
Holly

Karianne said...

Even if you aren't THE clown, you are MY clown!

I want to be Mrs. Lenny Kravitz. Chris thankfully, understands this.

Not So Anonymous Michelle said...

Ouch, sorry to hear about the finger!! YIKES!! I'm with Karianne, no matter what, you're MY clown too!! HEHE

Slackermommy said...

Emma's got a point.

Unknown said...

I like your kid more every time you talk about her. That response was just classic.

Anonymous said...

I hope your finger is okay! That's why I never let the knives lay on the bottom of the murky waters!

Jennfactor 10 said...

Can you make a clowny smiley? What am I sayin', of course you can! I can't buy you jeweled ear buds, and okay, I can't even pull off a klown button for you,but you are totally the uber dorkklown of dorkktown, sister!

(pardon me, I may still be buzz blogging)

J. A. Blackburn said...

ooh, talk about adding insult to injury!

Pamela said...

I voted - but it never let me vote again after the first time.
It didn't like me.

so... let me give you my little hint about knives.
NEVER put them in the dish water. Keep them by the side of the sink and wash them individually.

Yeah... I learned the hard way. HATE cuts on fingers that have to type and clean and cook blah blah blah. you know.

Jill said...

I, for one, think you got robbed. I've read the winner's blog and she seems nice and all, but isn't nearly the clown that you are ;-)

Marci said...

Out of the mouths of babes comes the simple things in life.... I'm sure she wanted to know "why" you would do something like that since you knew it would hurt. I agree with Pamela, don't put them in the water and for goodnees sakes don't put them point up in the dishwasher. :-)

And honestly.... you are the best clown I know. Love ya sis.
Marci

Mary said...

Thanks Y'all!

Just for the record... normally knives go straight to the dishwasher. The other day i was busy making banana muffins and chicken oregano for dinner and in my haste I put those stoopid things in my wash basin.

I wont be doing THAT again.;)