Friday, October 05, 2007

I scored!

I got some good stuff for my birthday yesterday! I ordered the chocolate earrings I wanted from Molecule Muse. Let me just say that receiving a product from this lovely lady has been a pleasure!

Wrapped in a beautiful aqua ribbon... and inside? A little piece of chocolate with my gorgeous earrings AND a little description of the earrings. Also I got a little transfer tattoo of of the theobromine molecule. :D Very cool! I tried to get a photo of them on but the pictures didn't do them justice. If you were thinking about ordering, the product is beautiful and very substantial. They have the weight to sway and dangle without being very heavy. The wires are very sturdy and don't bend like most silver jewelry. My pic of them on the burgundy pillow... again do not do them justice.




I'm not a real country fan but I find myself buying more and more... so I think I am turning into one. ;) I asked for one or the other, but I got both!


I love these songs, I've always been a sucker for a long song no matter what genre.






And last but not least, I received these beautiful and unexpected flowers from my sweet sister. This year is the the first year in a long time that I have felt truly happy without any sadness at all. I think I have finally reached the age where I am comfortable in my skin. I have come to terms with the things that I need to change, my dorkiness and I realized how very blessed I am.
I can honestly say that having my sister back in my life has a lot to do with that. I feel whole.

Now if I can just stop messing around and start doing those things I have always wanted to do. My next project for this coming birth year? To stop fearing that I will be the failure that she always told me I would be. To just live and be happy without that fear, and to jump in with both feet. For someone who is a planner, it will be quite the feat. But I'm willing. XD I'm so happy right now that it's almost a little disgusting.

To round my day off, I got what I can only explain as the ultimate gift. Anna told our server at the Olive Garden that is was my birthday, so after dinner of this:


she gave me this...




FOR FREE! Good Lawd almighty, y'all! Anna began to drool immediately, but I explained we were getting it to go, she asked if she could have some and I said yes, tomorrow. Then as we went to the mall I said, " I hate to break it to you kid, though I would love to save you some, I have to be honest. There probably won't be any left by the morning."

John nodded in agreement, knowing that I am a chawk-lit eater, as Anna once called me, as Anna groaned in disappointment. As a chawk-lit eater, I thought it was only fair to let Mini Me know that her day dream of having a chocolate cream mustache will be unrealized.

'Tis better to know the truth, I think- rather than dare to hope for a bite of Cocoa Nirvana... to dream of that which is unattainable is torture to the soul.

Especially when chawk-lit is involved. ;)

My thanks goes to Karmyn, too. She let me know that chocolate has no calories on your birthday, which made my birthday dessert even more delicious!

14 comments:

Trenting said...

Awww.. happy birthday to you!

Love the earrings and now I'm starving looking at that plate and dessert!

Have a great weekend~

Anonymous said...

This year is the the first year in a long time that I have felt truly happy without any sadness at all. I think I have finally reached the age where I am comfortable in my skin.

That's wonderful!! So glad you had such a great BDay :)

Not So Anonymous Michelle said...

I'm glad you had such a great birthday and that this year has been the best in a long time with no sadness and feeling comfortable in your skin! That's so fantastic and your gifts were great! I love the flowers from your sister, the earrings and wow that food looks great!

K said...

Happy Birthday! Those earrings are cool looking, and Rascal Flatts is the best!

Julie said...

Oh Happy Belated Birthday! I've been remiss in blog reading lately.

I love the Olive Garden too!! And their cheesecake is most scrumptious!

crse said...

Im so sorry i missed the big day sunshine! And im glad that I had to go to your blog and wait the ten minutes for it to load because it was worth it just to wish you a very happy love-o-the-mert year!

Donetta said...

I'm so glad you had such a lovely birhtday

Granny Snark said...

Happy, happy, happy birthday!!! I'm glad it was so lovely for you ... and I'm especially glad you've decided not to listen to ANYONE tell you that you are, or will be, a failure. The only people who say such horrid things are people who believe that about themselves, and are selfish enough to project it onto people they love. Keep ignoring it. That in itself shows the good stuff you're made of.

Anonymous said...

You got some good stuff! Happy Birthday!

Holly Schwendiman said...

Awwww so glad it was a great day! :) That's the way birthdays are supposed to be.

Hugs,
Holly

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! I love the earrings. I have a t-shirt with the caffeine molecule on it. I'm going to have to check out that site!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I missed your birthday! Sounds like you had an amazing celebration! And that dessert looks sinful! hee hee

Unknown said...

Mmmm ... chocolate (drool).

I'm going to go upstairs now to finish the giant bag of M&Ms I have in the cupboard. My wife will probably be mad. But I need some chocolate now.

Anonymous said...

happy birthday..

thats cause rascal flatts rocks;)