Saturday, October 27, 2007

My Opinion Meme

This My Opinion Meme was started by a gorgeous AND hilarious blogger I met on cr8buzz, her name is Avery Gray. If you haven't read her blog, you really should. She not only has a wonderful and funny writing style but she also writes poignantly about real life issues.

OK, so the idea for this meme is to strip away all pretense and REALLY give your opinion. From Avery's blog :
I have deduced that there are some views I hold that people may or may not agree with. Because I believe good, honest debate is a healthy way for individuals to come together and get to know one another, I've chosen to get the ball rolling and share 20 of my most controversial opinions.
Be creative, be funny, be controversial, but be honest. ;) Twenty? Phew! Well, actually I am very opinionated (surprise, surprise), so it shouldn't be that hard.

  1. I believe that The Glass can be both half empty AND half full. Sue me. :P
  2. God does test us at times, otherwise he wouldn't have created Brussel Sprouts or cocoa beans.
  3. Just like this blogger I truly do believe that we women are affected by lunar phases. Our bodies are made up of 65% water, and that's not counting retention! You do the math, it makes sense to me. ARRRROOOOOOOOO!
  4. Cheesecake is neither cake nor pie. Therefore it really should have it's own food category.
  5. Thousands of our soldiers have died in vain and we need to bring our troops home.
  6. The Polar Express is a beautiful book, and it's beauty was tarnished by the ridiculous movie.
  7. I believe that Marilyn Monroe was killed by the same people that assassinated The Kennedy Brothers.
  8. It is possible to overcome your past, and all the fears and doubts related to it.
  9. Though we are flawed creatures by nature and though some of us have haunted pasts, I do not believe this should give us license to be a horrible person.
  10. Potty training is one of the most difficult phases of childhood... for both the parent and child. ;)
  11. Chocolate should have it's own food group.
  12. ...and pizza is the perfect food, it has all of the food groups (except for chocolate).
  13. I believe the chicken came first.
  14. ...and if Animal X "tastes just like chicken", THEN EAT CHICKEN! What's the point?
  15. The CORRECT way to make a pb&j sandwich is to put pb on one slice of bread, then jelly on the other. Putting the pb one one piece of bread and then jelly over top of the pb is sacrilegious.
  16. Kids are little sponges, you get out what you put in- but try not to squeeze too hard.
  17. There is something to be said for modesty, and leaving a little something to the imagination. I believe all body parts should be covered at least 2 parts out of 3- excluding arms and legs, and the naughty bits should be in the 2/3's that are covered. For men this ratio should be 4 parts out of 5 concerning the "swim suit" areas.
  18. There is such a thing as personal space, and for me and my kids that would be at least a 3 foot radius. If my kids are within my personal space, the radius begins at the closest of my children near you.
  19. Success= Aspiration+ Faith+ Commitment (we'll see if I have what it takes with NanNoWriMo)
  20. Opinions are like aaaaaaaaaaaa...elbows. Everyone has at least one.
Now that you have seen into the dark corners of my psyche, don't you feel like sharing too? If you do this meme, let me know in comments. I'm sure Avery (the creator of this meme) would love to read your's too.

11 comments:

Avery Gray said...

Oh, heck yeah, I would!

Great list, Mert! Thanks especially for setting the record straight regarding the right way to make a PB&J sammich. None of that "it all goes to the same place" BS! It's just not right to do it any other way!

(And thanks for the kind words! You brought a tear to my eye.) ;o)

Sunshine said...

Love the list. I only disagree with one, I think the Kennedys killed Marilyn. She knew a lot of stuff she shouldn't have, naughty little minx.

Good meme!

Julie said...

Great list Mert!

Hmmm potty training...I haven't had to deal with that in over 18 years!

Crap..now i'm depressed!

Anonymous said...

Oh, you would just hate the way I make a pbj sandwich! LOL!

BTW, thank you for the Aloha Friday header. You really know what I like!

Mimi Lenox said...

A special day is coming up on my blog and in the blogosphere. Bloggers are set to blog for peace November 7, 2007.

I invite you to join me - and a cast of incredible bloggers - as we mark our world with a promise of peace. Bloggers from around the world including 30 countries (and counting)and nearly every state in the United States will participate in BlogBlast for Peace.I hope you will participate in this growing phenomenon.
Your blog. One post. One day.
How To Get Your Peace Globe
Thank you,
Mimi Lenox

Mimi Lenox said...

Your peace globe is beautiful! Thank you for displaying it. It's going to be a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, pizza IS the perfect food!!!!

Pamela said...

PIZZA is only perfect if it is round None of those square ones, thank you.

Unknown said...

No Mert! It was totally the egg. Not the chicken. How can you get a chicken without the egg? It's impossible, I tell you. Somebody must've just put the egg there.

Anonymous said...

That is a fabulous...and scary meme.

I'm not sure I'm brave enough to go all out there with my opinions.

Holly Schwendiman said...

Hee hee...love the shares. The comments are great too. I'd add something witty but I'm fresh out of ideas at the moment....LOL

Hugs,
Holly