Wednesday, October 17, 2007

NaNoWriMo?

***Scroll down for Wordless Wednesday***Well, I'm taking the plunge :D I have an idea for a book that was inspired by writing snippets for 3 Word Wednesday. I stopped writing for the usual reasons, I chickened out. I am trying to get over my "fear of failure" (you know, the one that my mother bludgeoned me over the head with any chance she got), and so this is my way of kicking Fear Of Failure right in the junk ;)

Wish me luck!

It's only 50,000 words, no big deal right? Here is my profile page if you would like to be my writing buddy there at the NaNoWriMo headquarters.

Anybody want to talk the plunge with me?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been hearing about this but know there's no way I can do it. You, however, will be great!

Jennfactor 10 said...

Mert! I am so excited for you! I think I am going to take the plunge next year... Hopefully by then I will have things under control on the house end...

Instead of a writing buddy, I'll be a green eyed cheerleader! I wanted to do this last year, but november is a packed month in my family....

CJ said...

Congrats on taking the plunge! It's a great experience and this will be my fourth year. I'm just as excited about it as I was in the beginning.

cjh

Anonymous said...

Yay for you!! Good luck :)

Not So Anonymous Michelle said...

That's awesome! I'm so happy for you that you're kicking your fear of failure in the junk! Keep me posted on how it's going!

suchsimplepleasures said...

i've been having the same problem...sit in front of paper (yes, i write the old fashioned way) and...NOTHING!!! No matter what the idea is. no problem with blogging, though. so...congrats!!!

Holly Schwendiman said...

Way to go girl! I'm proud of you. I'm so sorry I've been so slow to catch up on blog reading/commenting lately. You know I love you!

Hugs,
Holly

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I've enjoyed your stories in the past.

Pamela said...

way to go!!! good luck!!! Write write write,-- right?

Unknown said...

I've thought STRONGLY about doing this ... I'm still thinking about it. I just don't know if I can do this and blog at the same time.

Hmmmm ... how do you plan to do it?

Erin said...

I am attempting this as well. Tonight, at 8pm Pacific Coast time. I will begin writing, and writing, and writing...glad to stumble upon a fellow Nanowrimo! Good luck!