Thursday, October 25, 2007

Who, me?

Mr. Dorky Dad gave this to me last week, he thinks that I hit the mark and "touch a range of emotions" . Way cool. He even believes that I deserve and exclamation mark after my screen name. Even better!

Well Dorky Dad, you couldn't have picked a better award for me. I have been known to make splotchy stains just like the one in the graphic, usually on the front of my shirt.

PS- Dude, I'm jealous of your cat's @ss award. :D

Also- I say with humility, because I know there is humiliation on the horizon- I am proud mildly amused happy to say that I have part of a plot worked out for the NaNoWriMo coming up next month. My husband enjoyed talking to me about this, which I in turn enjoyed because I got something other than a grunt over a game controller. ;)

My [attempt at a] novel will have a little something for everyone: There will guns and gritty, dirt stained testosterone for the guys, love interests and soul searching for the gals, and fluffy bunnies and rainbows for the kids.

OK, maybe not the last part, but I hope there will be some humor/sarcasm too.

Believe it or not, sometimes the toughest part- aside from actually coming up with a basic plot- is coming up with character names. I lucked out this time because a plot came to me through a pair of rhyming words that have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Intrigued? Good. I hope to let you guys read snippets here and there, I'll keep you posted.

On that note, since NaNoWriMo is a month long process (starting November 1st) you can expect to see fewer posts from me. The upside? That means I will be visiting you more, during bouts of writers cramp and/or block.

Ain't you the lucky one.wink

11 comments:

Holly Schwendiman said...

Congrats dear! I can't wait to read your up and coming work. ;)

Hugs,
Holly

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sista

Mommy2JL said...

Ooooo Good luck!
It sounds like you've got a pretty fantastic idea started.
I wish I could do something like that!
I just don't think I'd have the energy to at the end of the day.

Looking forward to your work :)

Patriot said...

Just wanted to let you know I'm hosting a giveaway - come check it out! Thanks!

Marci said...

I'm very excited for you and I know you will do a GREAT job. Way to go!!!!
Love ya
Marci

Unknown said...

You deserve it, kiddo. And good luck with the novel.

And I LOVE my cat's ass award ...

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Good luck on your story.

Not So Anonymous Michelle said...

Good luck with NanoWriMo! :) I hope you have very very writers blocks and more cramps...that came out wrong but you get what I mean.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm intrigued....

Ash said...

Feel free to use Ashley as the name for the giant bitch in your novel. From what I understand, most Ashley(myself included) are delusional raving emotional bitches.
It's a good name for that type of thing.
Cheers to you! I haven't got a thing planned except to blabber on in my normal way.

Avery Gray said...

Wahoo! NaNoWriMo!! You have fun with that, crazy!

As for me, I'll just sit back and point and laugh at everyone insane enough to attempt it. Why? Because I'm jealous, of course! I wish I had the ability to finish a novel in a month. I can't even complete a thought in that time!