Monday, October 22, 2007

Manic Monday: Frost

This week for manic Monday, FROST is the word. For more Morgen and MM's please go to to his blog- It's A Blog Eat Blog World.

I'm a little late posting my MM, mostly because of the back ache I've had since last Friday but also because MM writer's block. I hope this is not a portent of things to come... because NaNoWriMo is going to suck big time *snort*.

Anywho, the first thing that came to mind when I thought of the word frost was a time about 5 years ago, when Anna Jon and I attended a family member's 8th birthday party. Anna was about 1 1/2 years old and sitting on my lap, and I shared small spoons full of ice cream and cake with her. After we were done having dessert, we all sat around the table and enjoyed stories of every day life sprinkled with family stories and teasing. Anna had decided that I wasn't done with dessert. As she sat on my lap, she scooped up the frosting that remained on my plate (because I was trying to spare my waistline some extra calories) and proceeded to FROST the lower half of my face with it. I gasped and everyone turned to see me laughing and thanking Anna for sharing, meanwhile little 18 month old Anna had a very satisfied smile on her face.

To this day, that story always warms my heart, even in the midst of feeling a little frosty from having to put the now 6 1/2 year old booger in time out. ;)

9 comments:

Durward Discussion said...

What a lovely story about your baby. I will spare you the story of what my baby "Painted" with at the same age. :-)

You are never late for Manic Monday until too late Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

Lovely story, mert! Happy MM!

Come visit me!

Anonymous said...

you left the frosting? That's my favorite part--I would have left the cake :) Cute story!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like something that would happen to me! Great story.

Carrie said...

I agree, I can see my kids doing that too! And the only time I don't leave the frosting is when it's chocolate. Nothing else is good enough!

Gattina said...

The story is too sweet to be "frosty" and the color of your template is not frosty either, you should have turned it into a frost blue, lol !

Pamela said...

I'm trying to remember all the things that kids smeared in my face over the years. That was one of the more "sweet" things, for sure

Not So Anonymous Michelle said...

Such a cute story! Love those kinds of memories!

Marilyn said...

They are so cute at that age.