Monday, October 15, 2007

Manic Monday- Bat, and an Anna-ism

This week's Manic Monday is brought to you by the word bat and it's wonderful host, Mo of course!

Anna developed a sore throat on Friday and by Saturday she was sporting a lovely fever of 102.8. Saturday Anna saw the doctor and was given a prescription for Strep throat. Friday, Saturday AND Sunday were filled with throat-swollen whining, sleepy complaints and prickly attitudes given over maliciously batted eyelashes.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday were filled with attempts by me to bat away frustration at said whining, complaints, attitudes, and several time outs. By yesterday evening I was a little batty and took my frustrations out on several loads of laundry and the answer sheet to my 30 hour course for my LVN/LPN continuing education.

Last night as I put Anna to bed, she said her nightly prayers.

"Jesus, I'm sorry for complaining about... EVERYTHING. Amen."

Amen indeed.

12 comments:

Sophia said...

Awww that's so sweet! At least she's sorry. Glad to see she's feeling better.

maryt/theteach said...

A rough few days to get through but you did it! Indeed!

Come visit my post for MM.

Durward Discussion said...

Sounds very familiar. Awhile back when the grandaughter was suffering the pangs of teenage hormones, she suddenly appeared in the living room and with great dramatic effect, "I'm sorry I'm horrible. You'll love me again in a few years."

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that she is feeling better and that was a cute story!! A great post.

Lisa Ryan said...

sorry to hear about her BATtle with strep! I'm glad she is feeling better. happy mm and have a great week!

Travis Cody said...

Well, at least she was sorry!

Happy MM!

Marilyn said...

there's a prayer I should probably use.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a great way to use the word bat! I would have never thought of that. Glad that she's feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear Anna got Strep throat. I hope she gets better soon and hopefully tomorrow will be less batty for you.

Gattina said...

Poor girl that hurts indeed ! Hope it will get better soon with the antibiotics !

Marci said...

Wow. I'm glad that you both are filling better. I have to say that when kids are little like that and they have something that hurts so much and the medication takes a while to kick in, they should also give the mom's something to take. I mean for goodness sakes, you are in a lot of pain too.
Love a sis and I'll call soon, just been a crazy emotional week.
Marci

MaR said...

Glad she is feeling better! you did a wonderful job with this "bat" post !!