Sunday, September 16, 2007

Adding feed chicklets to your blog

I have been trying to become a little more "blog aware" by submitting my feed to several feed subscription sites, and I had a little trouble finding the page to each service that allows you to create a chicklet for your side bar.

Eventually I hit the jackpot though! I found this site called Online Marketing Blog and on this page you can make a chicklet for just about any RSS reader out there. All you have to do is fill in your blog URL and name, then your feed URL. Then just add any tags you want such as the line break tags, which will separate your chicklets so they wont clump together in groups of 2 or 3 per line in your sidebar... unless you like it that way. ;) In which case, don't worry about tags.

Click the image below to see the tags I placed to make a single column of chicklets, as seen below in my side bar.


Click the "create buttons" button, this will take you to the next page with your code. Just copy this code and paste into your sidebar. And that's it, easy peasy rice and cheesy. ;)


----------------
Now playing: Sheryl Crow - I Don't Wanna Know
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sigh. You lost me at 'click the create button'...after that you were like the Charlie Brown teacher to me. :) I have to take my time with stuff like this because I get easily frustrated with computer stuff...but now I know who to ask! :) Hope you had a lovely weekend!