Friday, September 21, 2007

TGIF- Gadgets galore!

I started this little thingy to get you guys off to a relaxing start for the weekend... I'm posting cool blog gadgets and other things I Stumble on that it enjoyed. Plus, having something to mess with at work while your waiting for quittin' time will help pass the time, right? TGIF, baby!


M E R Southern Cemetery

I saw this at Robin's blog, it's a funky name generator that takes letters off of Flikr. Get yours here.


Would you like to have feeds posted directly to your desk top? Check out Spring Widgets. Here is a screen shot of what mine looks like at cre8buzz.

I copied and pasted my feed URL into the preferences so that cre8buzz members can see what's on my blog. :) You can subscribe to any feed and have it load on your desktop widget or create a feed widget and embed code on a site. Vurrry vurrry cool.



If you're curious to see if there are any bloggers in your neighborhood, you can check out this nifty site called FeedMap. I tried it, but there aren't any bloggers listed near me yet :( It's a really interesting concept though, and you have the option to see actual aerial pictures of the locations, which is cool. It will be really interesting if more people sign up. ;)

And yet another widget gadget... there's BlogRush. You can see an example of BlogRush at work at the bottom of my sidebar. The idea is that you submit your blog name and feed, choose a category for your blog and you can get feed titles to posts of blogs similar content to yours. Also, your blog posts will eventually make the widget thus promoting your own content. This if also fairly new, but the folks at BlogRush are claiming that this has potential to bring more traffic to your blog, so once it really gets going I'll let you know. ;) But I'm thinking, the more the merrier, right?

There is this site that I Stumbled Upon that has a similar theme with the animal cuteness factor at ICHC, called Cute Overload. This is what I saw the other day... it's just so stinkin' cute!




My favorite site this week (besides the kitteh above) that I StumbledUpon is this nifty face gadget, Ultimate Face Flash:

You can use many choices of each facial characteristic to make a self portrait. See the little box above that looks like it has a "cross hair" in it? Use that little slider tool to change the size of each characteristic to your liking. I only messed around with it for a few minutes but it was fun!
Edit to add: I just couldn't resist. *snort*


I hope you got a kick out of something in my post and have a great weekend!

~mert

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been hearing a lot about Blogrush lately. It'll be interesting to see how much traffic it can generate. Have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

I love that cute pink widget! Very pretty! As for cute overload, I'm always over there checking out the animals. They're always good for a laugh.

Anonymous said...

Thanks. I added the feed blog close to you gadget.

Happy Friday

Not So Anonymous Michelle said...

FUN!!! I made our names on the Flick thing for the bottom of my page. Neat face thing, I'll have to play with that one too and I'm checking out the feedmap, it's really cool!!

Anonymous said...

YOU FIND THE MOST FANTABULOUS THINGS! I'm still trying to figure out the Feedburner stuff...

I wish you lived nearby so I could have you over for coffee and we could talk techie (make that, YOU talk techie, lol).