Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I'm Just A Cliche'

***Please scroll down for Wordless Wednesday***

Well, it's official. I'm one of those moms.

"Don't run with scissors!" I said yesterday, calling after Anna.

Next I'll be asking if "all of her friends jumped off a cliff, would she do that too", or saying "You keep making that face and your face will get stuck like that".

OR the dreaded "Make sure you put on clean undies, you never know when you'll get into an accident".

Cliche' is French, so I guess it could be kind of a sexy name. Cliche' D'Ork. It has a ring to it, it could work.

Bonus dorkness:

Just because that's the kind of classy broad I am... this is how a a classy dork like me drinks their wine. Maybe I should stick to the screw on caps. Mmmm, nothing like room temp Ripple. ;)

*Sigh* A perfectly good 6 dollar wine, ruined. Whatever shall I do?


And this is how a dork pseudo-corks their wine...
Yup. That's how I roll.

17 comments:

Lori said...

LMAO....now thats funny!!

Rayne said...

At least the cork is in one pieces. I usually end up breaking it to pieces.

Anonymous said...

bit o' cork in the grog taint botherin no pirate

Ash said...

Aww sugar! That's how I roll too! Though I did it last week with the captain bottle when the cap rolled under the fridge and I was too lazy and or drunk to attempt getting it out.

ExcedenteDeForça said...

Hi, your blog is very nice, I like the design and the content, simple and objective, maybe you could check out my blog to :)

It would be really nice if you could link to my blog and I would link back to yours,

here is the link to my blog, "Ultraside - blogging smart"

Continue Here

leave me a comment to contact me, thanks ;)

Sencirely Jmus

Anonymous said...

Next I'll be asking if "all of her friends jumped off a cliff

I'm turning 35 in about 3 weeks, and my mother STILL says this to me. Like whenever I try to explain to her that I have to use the word "pimp" because that's what it's called-"pimping your online profile". She doesn't buy it. :P

Anonymous said...

That's how I roll too, girl!

Holly Schwendiman said...

ROFL - well at least you roll babe. ;)

Hugs,
Holly

Anonymous said...

there is nothing wrong with what you just said.

is there?

naner naner *grin*

Anonymous said...

Hey, whatever works, right?

Unknown said...

Whew. Now I don't feel so bad about drinking beer out of my wine glass!

Judy said...

I was stunned at myself the first time I heard my mother's voice coming out of my mouth. The only thing weirder was hearing MY voice come out of my kids' mouths!!!

Bananas said...

Hilarious and delightful. A bit o' cork never hurt my enjoyment of a glass of wine, and that's a fact! The best solution is... DRINK MORE WINE! And Fast!!

Neila said...

That's hilarious! As long as you can still get the wine out past the cork, I wouldn't care. And just for the record, a lot of wines are switching to screw top or plastic corks because cork is so expensive! (she says as she unscrews her bottle of Corbett Canyon.)

Mommy2JL said...

lmao!
You're too much.
Love it!

Mary said...

Yessss! I'm so glad I'm not the only one that has done this... I forgot to mention that I got a refreshing splash of wine milliseconds after the cork touched down on choppy waters.

Oh well, it doesn't matter... i would have spilled the mine on my shirt anyway. ;)

Unknown said...

I do all kinds of goofy stuff in the kitchen...and Jason has been known to put a LARGE binder clip on a roll of Ritz crackers that only had 2 crackers left. I actually have a picture of this madness! :)