Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Sometimes I feel...

Recently I have reevaluated life here in the Special K household (John's nick name in the Navy since our last name starts with a K and can be hard to pronounce), and I resolved to make more time for family reading each day. Family reading time doesn't always happen the same time each day, and sometimes it goes on simultaneously in different rooms, but we get 'er done. ;)

The other night it was my turn to put Emma to bed and we decided to read one of her favorites, The Feelings Book by Todd Parr. This is what it looks like:Just so you know what I'm talking about, here are the first few pages. We encourage the girls to participate by pausing so that they can insert appropriate words that are related to the story, sometimes from memory.

Type rest of the post here


This fishy page is the one we found so funny in the video you are about to watch. Enjoy.


Yes... Mr. Fishy needs a Girl Friend.wink He could also use a bigger pad to impress the laaaaaa-dies...
Oh yeah, baby... that's more like it!
And yes, I realize I have waaaaay too much time on my hands and need to get out more. razz



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We used to read a book every night before she went to bed. Somewhere along the way it stopped. I really should start again. Thank you for the reminder.

Anonymous said...

Emma sounds so cute. I read to my son at bed time too, but sometimes he drives me crazy by constantly asking questions while I read. Sometimes the questions has nothing to do with the story -- like questions about super heroes.

Holly Schwendiman said...

There's just something about story time...I related very well to the story, questions, energy and kid talk!! Great job to you too mom!

Hugs,
Holly

Unknown said...

So cute! And very talented toes she has there, too! :)